How to Name a Small Business, Product or Service with Brad Flowers. Brad is a naming expert and author, and he shares his tips and methodology for naming (starting at 15:32). He also shares the story of his unique journey from his degree in Literature, to managing a bike shop, and launching his own marketing agency.
Brad Flowers is the co-founder of Bullhorn, an agency that builds confident brands with language and design. Brad leads naming and language generation at Bullhorn. He has a degree in English literature, which he says he finds more useful than he expected.
Brad is also an avid bicyclist – for commuting and for competition. He co-founded and currently serves on the board of the non-profit community bike shop, Broke Spoke.
Brad is the author of the new book “The Naming Book”, which is now available.
Brad lives in Lexington, Kentucky with his wife and two kids.
On this episode of The How of Business podcast, Brad share his “5 steps to creating brand and product names that sell”:
- Establishing Criteria – what are some common mistakes people make when establishing these criteria?
- Brainstorming – Who do you include?
- Compiling Names – What are some good sources?
- Expanding Your Knowledge – What have you seen that works well on this?
- Deciding on the Final Name – how to you filter everybody’s opinion and make a decision?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- The Naming Book: 5 Steps to Creating Brand and Product Names that Sell by Brad Flowers
- How To Win Friends and Influence People Hardcover by Dale Carnegie
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.