In this episode we interview Andre Perreault, president of Syncro Marketing which is dedicated to helping small business clients develop and execute effective online marketing campaigns. Andre shares her entrepreneurial journey, and valuable advice and tips for marketing your small business online.
About Andre Perreault:
Andre has over 25 years of experience in advertising, marketing, and design. He was an early adopter of search engine marketing and has over a decade of online marketing experience. He got his start in advertising while owning a small retail bike store. Using the skills of industry leaders like David Oglivy, he created ads and campaigns that literally created buying frenzies. Later he worked for Aquent, the world’s largest creative staffing agency, where he had the pleasure to meet and work with some amazingly creative people.
Today he uses both his local and national advertising experience and creative recruiting experience to put together a powerhouse team ready to serve businesses looking for real results and unmatched customer service.
- Andre’s first small business experience came from owning his own bicycle store. One of his big challenges was understanding and learning about marketing and avoiding expensive mistakes in this area.
- He implemented geographic targeting and guerrilla marketing tactics to drive tremendous results at his small local business, after realizing his traditional marketing and advertising efforts were not delivering results.
- Early on, he discovered his love for advertising. He sold his bike shop and went to back to school to further his knowledge or marketing and design.
- Andre worked in the corporate world and an ad agency, but has always had a strong desire to be his own boss.
- His approach to Client Optimization focuses on creating great resources and content for their clients. The goal is to to serve up the best possible content that meets the search intent of those searching online.
- Andre has found that to be successful in any business you have to continue learning and growing.
- Syncro Marketing’s team includes highly experienced marketing experts and a Google Partners All-star.
- His successful partnership of founders at Syncro Marketing is in part a result of leveraging complimentary skill sets, and a solid partnership agreement.
- For small business owners, the initial focus for online marketing should include (in addition to a website) getting included on online local listings (i.e. Google, Bing, Yahoo) so that your potential customers can find you, and a modest budget to start a paid media campaign (i.e. Google AdWords CPC ads, Bing ads, Facebook boosts and ads). As it relates to your paid media campaign, Andre stresses that you should not “set it and forget it.”
- Don’t expect to hire an SEO company and get immediate results – it can take 12 to 18 months for SEO efforts to take effect. Some CPC ads will get you there faster (hence the recommendation on a paid online media campaign).
- The Syncro Marketing Client Optimization approach goes beyond the technical needs of a small business. They take a comprehensive look at the brand, the competition and the landscape. With a resulting realistic appraisal and plan for how to execute a successful marketing campaign that meets your budget. Often it’s about uncovering affordable niches of opportunities. The Marketing Client Optimization service is affordable for small businesses.
- Syncro Marketing focuses on delivering great customer service, and treating their clients with honesty and integrity.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].