About Henry Lopez
Henry is a serial entrepreneur, Small Business Coach, and Host of top-rated The How of Business podcast show. In addition to investing in and growing his businesses, he is dedicated to helping others start, run and grow their small businesses.
Henry has over 34 years of diverse business experience, including successful careers in the information technology industry, sales, sales training and business ownership. He has been directly involved in over 10 different small businesses since purchasing his first business in 1991. He has developed and launched his own businesses, and has bought and sold businesses as well. Henry also serves as a volunteer SCORE Mentor.
Potential Interview Topics & Questions:
Henry is able to draw upon his many years of experience with small business ownership and working with his business coaching clients. Following are some potential business topics and questions Henry can cover during an interview:
|Interview Topic:||Interview Questions:|
|Henry’s Entrepreneur Journey||• Share the story of your entrepreneurial journey, from starting your first business while keeping your day job, to your current endeavors.
• What are some of the struggles and failures you had to overcome along the way?
• Why did you decide to become your own boss, and what motivates you now?
|Starting Your Business – Are You Ready?||• Why do you believe that people have to determine how ready, willing and able they are to start their first business?
•What does it take to start a business?
• What are some of the common characteristics of successful small business owners?
• What do you mean by “ready, willing and able” to start a small business?
• What are some of the common misconceptions about entrepreneurship?
|Buying & Selling a Small Business||• Why should someone consider buying an existing small business, instead of starting a new one ?
• What are some things to consider when evaluating a business to buy? How do you determine the right price to pay?
• How do you prepare your small business for sale?
• Why should we always prepare our small business for a potential exit?
|Remarkable Customer Service||• What do you mean by Remarkable Customer Service?
• How do you deliver consistent customer service?
• Can you provide great customer service with hourly wage employees?
• Introduce the 6 Steps to Delivering Remarkable Customer Service.
|Small Business Systems||• What is a business system?
• Why are business systems critical to the long-term success of a small business?
• How do you begin to develop the systems for a small business?
|Franchises||• What are the some of the advantages and disadvantages of a franchise business?
• What are the four potential benefits you should consider when evaluating a franchise business?
• How do you know if a franchise business is for you?
|Business Partnerships||• Share your experiences with partnerships, and why you prefer to work with a business partner?
• What are your thoughts and experiences doing business with family and friends?
• Introduce the three pillars of a successful business partnership?
|Personal & Business Productivity||• Share some tips & techniques to improve productivity.
• What are the three reasons business owners should get better at delegating?
• How do you manage your time and juggle working on multiple businesses?
Henry’s appearances on other shows:
- The Small Business Show Podcast – Henry Lopez Interview (audio)
- Entrepreneur Motivation Podcast – Henry Lopez Interview (audio & video)
- Systems Meet Humanity – Henry Lopez Interview (audio)
- Joan Sotkin’s Prosperity Place Podcast – Henry Lopez Interview (audio)
- Conscious Millionaire Podcast – Henry Lopez Interview (audio)
- Smashing the Plateau Podcast – Henry Lopez Interview (audio)
- The Business Credit & Financing Show – Henry Lopez Interview (audio)
- Stop Riding The Pine – Henry Lopez Interview (audio)
- The Optimistic Entrepreneur – Henry Lopez Interview (audio)
- Conscious Millionaire Podcast (2nd Appearance) Henry Lopez Interview (audio)
- Social Sidekick Podcast – Henry Lopez Interview (audio)
- Breakthrough Success Podcast – Henry Lopez Interview (audio)
- Joan Sotkin’s Prosperity Place Podcast – (2nd Appearance) Henry Lopez Interview (audio)
Henry’s Business Ownership Experience:
The How of Business Podcast
Henry Lopez is the host of The How of Business podcast show, which was launched in April of 2016 with the goal of providing practical and actionable information for those who aspire to become their own boss, and for existing small business owners. This weekly show features specific small business topics and interviews with other successful business owners and professionals.
Thanks to our loyal listeners, our podcast has enjoyed consistent 5-Star reviews and top-rankings on platforms such as Apple Podcasts. The How of Business podcast is often ranked as one of the Top 200 Business shows on iTunes, and is featured as an All-Time Bestseller in the Entrepreneurship category. Our podcast averages over 40,000 unique downloads per month.