This episode is sponsored by the Stroke of Genius podcast – season 3 now available!
Privacy Laws for Small Business Owners with Jodi Daniels
Privacy Laws for Small Business Owners with Jodi Daniels – an introduction to the laws that apply to customer information and data privacy.
Are we aware and compliant with all of the privacy laws that we are responsible for as small business owners? How do we ensure we are not violating these laws, and equally important, are we building trust with our customers and clients? Jodi is going to introduce us to the primary areas of privacy compliance we need to adhere to so that we can best serve our customers and protect their privacy.
FREE DOWNLOAD: CCPA & GDPR Compliance Guide
[Learn more about Jodi]
Jodi Daniels is a Certified Informational Privacy Professional with more than 20 years of experience helping a range of businesses from solopreneurs to multi-national companies in privacy, marketing, strategy, and finance roles. She built a successful corporate career, working for large companies including Deloitte, The Home Depot, Cox Enterprises, and Bank of America where she most recently served as the privacy partner for Digital Banking and Digital Marketing. Jodi started her privacy career by creating the comprehensive privacy program at Cox Automotive.
In 2017, Jodi founded Red Clover Advisors – they have helped hundreds of companies create privacy programs, achieve GDPR, CCPA, and US privacy law compliance, and establish a secure online data strategy their customers can count on. Jodi makes privacy easy to understand by breaking it down into measurable steps using plain language her clients can relate to. She passionately supports the idea that privacy is more than just compliance and concern over fines. It’s a human right we all deserve.
Jodi lives in Atlanta, Georgia.
Questions and topics covered in this episode The How of Business podcast include:
- What led you to start your own business, Red Clover Advisors, in 2017?
- When did you know you wanted to be your own boss? Who were early entrepreneurial influences?
- Please introduce us to the topic of Privacy Laws, and the potential impact on small businesses.
- Please introduce the 3 Steps to Privacy Compliance and Building Customer Trust: Inform, Provide Choices, Protect.
- Please introduce GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), CCPA (new California compliance law), & other privacy laws that we may need to comply with.
- How is this all complicated by transacting with customers online?
- What do I need to be ready to honor an individual rights request (such as someone asking to delete or access data)?
How can privacy provide us with a competitive edge?
- In small business, we are often talking about a customer’s contact info (i.e. email, mailing address, phone number), buying history, credit card info, demographics, etc. – If I have the data, does it mean I can use the data?
- Can you share some examples of how small business are doing this the right way?
- How do I get started in my small business to be a good steward of customer data? What’s one thing I should do immediately?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.