This episode is sponsored by LinkedIn Jobs.
Launching Stryx with Co-Founder Jon Shanahan
Launching Stryx with Co-Founder Jon Shanahan – how Jon and his partner started Stryx, a men’s corrective cosmetics company. Jon also shares the story of his entrepreneurial journey.
Special Offer: Promo Code “HOW15”
Use this promo code to receive a 15% Discount at Stryx.com
[Learn more about Jon]
Jon Shanahan is an entrepreneur, a men’s fashion expert, and the Co-Founder & Chief Marketing Officer at Stryx. After successful careers in technology and the retail industry, Jon turned his passion and knowledge of men’s fashion into a menswear review website and YouTube channel dedicated to helping guys look better, feel better, and live better called The Kavalier. Then in 2019 he co-founded Stryx – a pioneer in the men’s cosmetics industry.
Jon lives in the Pittsburgh area.
Topics and questions addressed in this episode:
- Jon shares the story of his early career, and what led him to launch his first business.
- In 2015 Jon launched The Kavalier – menswear review website and YouTube channel dedicated to helping guys look better, feel better, and live better.
- October 2019 – Jon Co-Founded Stryx. What led to the idea and launching of this business? How did you come with the name?
- When did you know you wanted to be your own boss? Who were early entrepreneurial influences?
- How did you identify and validate the need for this product?
- Why did you partner, and how do you make it work?
- How did you fund the start-up?
- Did you develop a prototype? How did you develop the formulation? How did you address manufacturing?
- What did you learn and apply about the branding, marketing and naming of this product, so that it would appeal to men? (“men’s corrective cosmetics”)
- The benefits of keeping it simple to start – 2 products (Tinted Moisturizer & Concealer).
- Have you considered adding an SPF to the moisturizer?
- How are you planning to defend against competition?
- Where can I buy the product now?
- What’s next for Stryx?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.