Home Cleaning Franchise Small Business with Ron Holt. Ron shares how he launched and grew “2 Maids & A Mop”. He also shares his entrepreneur journey, from successful corporate career to becoming his own boss. He sacrificed for almost seven years to save the money to start his first small business. He overcame early challenges and near failure and persevered to grow his business into a leading home cleaning franchise business.
Ron Holt is the CEO & Founder of Two Maids & A Mop. Two Maids & A Mop is a multi-award-winning company that is over 15 years in the making and currently serves over 500 customers each day across the country. Sixteen years ago, Ron started a small cleaning service inside a 250 square foot office space. It took him two years to make a profit and nearly three years to earn my first paycheck. Today, his little cleaning company has grown into one of the nation’s most recognized residential cleaning brands.
Ron lives in Birmingham, Alabama.
Questions answered by Ron in this episode of The How of Business podcast include:
- Why should I consider a house cleaning small business?
- What’s your outlook for home cleaning services?
- What do people without experience often misunderstand about the cleaning business?
- What are some of the key things you have learned about marketing home cleaning services?
- How do you deal with the unrealistic expectations some customers may have about cleaning their homes?
- Please introduce your employee (home cleaners) compensation model (Pay for Performance).
- What are some of the commonalities of your most successful franchisees?
- What is one of your biggest business challenges over the next five years or so?
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.