Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Basics for Small Business. How to get your small business website found by your prospects and customers. In this episode Henry Lopez and Adam Kirk discuss Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for small business. It’s all about how to get found online, particularly on Google. Henry and Adam share practical and non-technical tips to help you begin to understand SEO and take immediate action to improve your online search results for your website. Our conversation includes the top 5 things you can do to improve your organic search results for your small business website.
Topics discussed in this episode of The How of Business podcast include:
- What is SEO? (in non-technical terms for small business owners)
- Improving your non-paid results on search engines like Google.
- Why does SEO matter to my small business?
- What is Google looking for in a good small business website and why?
- Why Google wants you to have High-Quality, Relavant, Fresh Information on your business website.
- Website Quality: Unique Content, Quality Links, Loading Speeds, Responsive, Keywords
- What do I need to know about Keywords?
- On-Page Optimization: Title Tags, Meta Tags…what is this?
- What’s the difference between Google Organic and Paid search results?
- How do I check the health of my small business website?
- How do I fix the issues with my business website?
You can find all previous episodes of The How of Business podcast on our Archives page. The How of Business podcast is a top-rated show on Apple Podcasts and other platforms. The How of Business podcast is a free on-demand audio show focused on helping you start, run and grow your small business.