Social Media Marketing with Kyra Reed, an entrepreneur and the Co-founder and Head of Social Brand Innovation & Community for Made to Order – a full-service social media agency. She shares her entrepreneur story, how she came to launch her agency, and valuable advice for social media for small business owners.
About Kyra Reed:
She has been on the front lines of social media since the beginning and she has been fortunate to work with a range of companies and communities, like the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles and the Roxy Theater, as the industry has changed and matured. Her work pioneering social media has been recognized in the New York Times, Entrepreneur and TechCrunch.
Back in the very beginning of social media, she authored Blog 101, a beginner’s guide to blogging, and since then, she has guest-lectured at UCLA and USC and has spoken at a number of conferences.
Today her passion is in helping businesses understand the power of social media and how to use it to drive traffic, leads and sales to grow their business.
- Kyra began her career in the film-making and music industry.
- She co-founded her first social media agency with a business partner.
- Kyra explains The Social System (their framework for developing an effective content strategy for your small business) – Who are you? Who are you talking to? What are you saying? What are you selling? How are you interacting with the social web?
- Their program for small business owners called The Power to Thrive. This a 12 week course that teaches The Social System for small business owners.
- “The Sweet Spot – the place between paid and earned social media.”
- “This is the first time in history that small businesses can reach anyone at anytime, anywhere in the world, for next to nothing!”
- Your values are the magic, and the answer to the “Who are you?” question.
- Kyra explains why we have a tendency and hesitancy to promote ourselves and our business.
- She also explains why delegating the development of your brand voice on social media is a common big mistake small business owners make.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
The How of Business Podcast – Marketing Episodes