Attracting great employees with Employment Branding and Culture Marketing, with Ryan Naylor. Ryan is an entrepreneur and the founder of VIVA HR. They provide a platform to help businesses recruit more efficiently by telling the right hiring story. Ryan is also a popular speaker and has made numerous television appearances sharing his expertise on Human Resources. You may have also seen him on SharkTank – and he shares the story of that experience. Ryan explains (starting at 17:45) why we need to help prospective employees understand our WHY and help them connect with our culture, which is what great employees are looking for. Ryan’s message to applicants is , “It’s more than what you can do for me, it’s what the organization and you can accomplish together.”
Ryan Naylor is an entrepreneur and the founder of VIVA (vee-va) HR. VIVA HR provides a platform to help businesses recruit more efficiently by telling the right hiring story. Ryan is also a popular speaker and has made numerous television appearances sharing his expertise on Human Resources. You may have also seen him on SharkTank – and I will ask him to share that story.
Over the past 10+ years he has lived the pain of hiring and firing…the wrong people. Through those lessons learned he found the power of building business on core values, clear focus and most importantly, great company culture.
Ryan lives in Phoenix, Arizona.
Topics discussed in this episode of our podcast for small business owners include:
- Introduction to Employment Branding through Culture Marketing. What is it, at a high level, and why do small businesses owners need to apply this approach to attract the best employees
- What is the secret to recruiting A-Players for your small business?
- “Job seekers needed to understand the WHY behind the organization they were going to work for. Why are you hiring, Why are you making an impact to your customers, Why your employees love working there.” – Ryan Naylor
- Why do candidates want to emotionally connect with our small business brand?
- What does it mean for a small business to tell their Culture Story to attract great employees?
- “It’s more than what you can do for me, it’s what the organization and you can accomplish together.” – Ryan Naylor
- How to create the ultimate candidate experience. Besides the videos and sharing of the culture story in the job posting, what else can a small business owner do to help create this “candidate experience”?
- How does it apply during the interview process?
- How to overcome the blanket submission approach that most candidates take and that is facilitate by the job sites? How do you get them to even see and experience your small business Culture Story?
- How does your solution integrate with popular recruiting sites like Indeed?
- What’s one thing small business owners can do right now to help them attract better employees?
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
You can find other related small business employment episodes here: Employment Episodes.