In this episode we interview Jordan E. Goodman, “America’s Money Answers Man”, an entrepreneur, author and nationally-recognized expert on personal and business finance. Jordan share his entrepreneurial journey, personal and business financial advice, and other great insights on starting and growing your small business.
Jordan is “America’s Money Answers Man” and a nationally-recognized expert on personal finance. He is a regular guest on numerous radio and television call-in shows across the country, answering questions on personal financial topics. He appears frequently on The View, Fox News Network, Fox Business Network, CNN, CNBC and CBS evening news.
For 18 years, Jordan was on the editorial staff of Money magazine, where he served as Wall Street correspondent. While at Money, he reported and wrote on virtually every aspect of personal finance. In addition, he served as weekly financial analyst on NBC News at Sunrise for 9 years and the daily business news commentator on Mutual Broadcasting System’s America in the Morning show for 8 years.
He is the author and co-author of 13 best-selling books on personal finance including Master Your Debt, Fast Profits in Hard Times, Everyone’s Money Book, Master Your Money Type, Barron’s Dictionary of Finance and Investment Terms and Barron’s Finance and Investment Handbook.
Jordan lives in Westchester County, NY.
- “Don’t put all your eggs into one basket.”
- Jordan explains the importance of diversification.
- “Always have the next thing ready for yourself.”
- Jordan talks about the importance of understanding your personal financial situation before you tackle your small business finances.
- Jordan stresses the importance of leverage for a small business.
- Henry and Jordan talk about appreciation and depreciation and their impact on your investment decisions.
- How can you find investors and lenders to help you start your own business?
- Guidetocreditcard.com is a site Jordan recommends for finding better credit card rates.
- Jordan recommends Cambridgecredit.org to help get out of debt personal debt.
- “It’s very easy to get back into debt.”
- Henry and Jordan talk about how Lifelock.com works to prevent stolen ID’s.
- Jordan goes into detail about the small things he did to establish his personal brand.
- “If people open their mind to new ideas they haven’t heard before, amazing things can happen.”
- Jordan talks about people’s resistance to new ideas. He stresses the importance of trying new ideas and having an open mind.
- Jordan talks about the “Money Answers Show.” To find this show go to voiceamerica.com and search for the Money Answer Show.
- “Small business has to be something you’re passionate about.”
- “Create a business that you can eventually sell.”
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].