In this episode we interview Gary Bizzo, an entrepreneur, mentor, and author. Gary shares his interesting and diverse background, and his experiences, tips and advice on how to start a successful business the first time.
Gary is an entrepreneur, mentor, author, business consultant & coach, who helps other entrepreneurs on all aspects of their business. He is the CEO of the Bizzo Management Group.
He is also a social media “Agent of Change”, helping entrepreneurs leverage social media to grow their businesses. Gary is also a business writer, business author, startup specialist and blogger. Gary has coached or mentored over a 1000 businesses and has consulted with numerous multinationals.
His latest book is “How to Start a Successful Business- the First Time“, available now on Amazon. He lives in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- One of his first jobs was a parole officer (a position he later returned to), and he studied Criminology in college.
- Selling aircraft, and then selling arms! Gary shares interesting stories from his background.
- Gary shares his views on how to start a successful small business the first time.
- He also shares tips & techniques on social media for small businesses.
- Ask others for their opinions on your business idea. But be selective about who you ask.
- Gary shares the influence that Michael Gerber, and his book the E-Myth, has had on his entrepreneurial thinking.
- Why is Time Management so important for a small business owner?
- “Surround yourself with good people.”
- “Don’t consider yourself the expert, until you are one”
- “Don’t take yourself too seriously.”
- You have to plan and have the resources in place before you start your business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].