In this episode we interview Shahara Wright, a small business owner and a business law attorney. She shares her entrepreneurial journey, and general legal guidance and growth strategies for small business owners.
[Notice: Shahara offers general legal opinions on this episode, but she does not represent you individually, and we always suggest you seek legal advice for you specific needs and situation. Please read our Disclaimer.]
Shahara is a CEO, business law attorney, professor, community leader, speaker and author. She has been the owner and Lead Attorney of The Wright Firm, PLLC for 15 years. Shahara provides small and mid-sized companies with legal and business strategies including entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, investor packages and contracts.
She has experience with product development, bringing products from mere concept to a fully developed and manufactured brand. Shahara founded The CEO Effect to work with small business owners who want to position themselves to accelerate growth.
She earned a BA from Hampton University and her law degree from Texas Tech School of Law. She was licensed to practice law in the State of Texas in 1998.
She recently published a book entitled “From Entrepreneur to CEO”.
Shahara lives in the Houston, TX area.
- Shahara decided early in life that she wanted to be an attorney. When she was not able to find the job she wanted at a large legal firm, she decided to start her own legal practice.
- Shahara introduces The CEO Effect, which “…was developed to take entrepreneurs from risk takers to strategists who think long term about their business… CEO’s think about their business as a whole and not just about how to survive in the moment.”
- She also introduced her “CEO Strategy Session” and the resulting 3-5 year “Thinking Plan.”
- Shahara also shares values insights on employee management for your small business. How important is a Policy & Procedures or Employee manual and an employee training program and what are some of the key components?
- To avoid confusion and disagreements in the future, Shahara recommends that you document discussions and agreements.
- She has designed her business to support her lifestyle.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].