In this episode we interview Nathan Hirsch, entrepreneur and co-founder of FreeeUp.com. He shares his entrepreneur experience, from starting his first business in college to his current start-up.
Nate is the CEO of FreeeUp.com, a remote hiring company, and the COO of Portlight. Nate has been an entrepreneur in the eCommerce industry since 2009 and has grown into a leading expert in the field with experience managing multi-million dollar businesses.
FreeeUp.com is an online agency that specializes in placing online workers into eCommerce businesses. Before founding FreeeUp, he founded and built a drop-ship Amazon business to over $7 million in sales with 60 full time workers (while attending college!).
Nathan lives in Winter Park, Florida.
- Nate explains that freedom is the the most valuable benefit of being his own boss.
- He shares some of what he has learned having started two small businesses.
- His time management skills are an advantage for him in business. “Prioritizing is everything.“
- The idea for his currently business, FreeeUp, came from his need and desire for virtual assistant services.
- FreeeUp takes care of the screening and vetting process for a virtual or remote worker. They will also cover the cost of retraining if your current “worker” is not longer available.
- Nathan also shares how he works with a partner and how they compliment each other.
- “Make sure you are actually committed to starting a business.” Are you committed to the sacrifices that are required to get a business started.
- Surrounding himself with good people has been one of the keys to his success in business and life. “I don’t try to make my weaknesses my strengths.“
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].