In this episode we interview Erica Duran, a freedom-based luxury lifestyle designer. She shares her journey from her corporate career to starting her first small business. She also shares insights on how to design your life and develop a business that fits your desired lifestyle.
Erica is the Business Coach for modern online entrepreneurs and a Freedom Based Luxury Lifestyle Designer, and the owner of Erica Duran International. She works with service-based entrepreneurs (like Professional Organizers, Coaches, and Consultants) who are ready to make money doing work they love from anywhere. She doesn’t believe in formulas or blueprints and instead works with each client to bring out their unique brand essence which makes their competition irrelevant and helps them to build a solid online platform.
She is the host of the Freedom Based Lifestyle Design Radio Podcast & Web TV Show hosted and sponsored by the Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort in Hawaii and other luxury resorts around the globe.
Erica has over 100 published articles and she is an expert contributor for AMEX Small Business Open Forum, Franklin-Covey, Mashable, LifeHacker, Under 30 CEO, Ladies Home Journal, Secret Entourage, GoFireYourself, JenningsWire & more.
- Erica left her career in the corporate world in 2004. She had early influences from her mother who is a travel agent and she had many opportunities to travel with her.
- “You have to design your lifestyle first.” Then you find a small business that fits your lifestyle.
- “I always knew I was meant to be an Entrepreneur…”.
- Her first venture was a personal organization business called Clutter Bugs.
- Time and location independence became critical to her, and she decided to sell her organization business.
- She explains why she has always had a high tolerance for risk in business.
- Erica shares valuable tips & advice to manage and overcome procrastination.
- Many of Erica’s clients are frustrated with their corporate careers and seek her guidance to help them make the transition to becoming their own boss.
- She shares the advantages and the challenges of a “home free” or “freedom based” lifestyle.
- She also shares her fun fascination with shipwrecks and other disasters in history.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].